Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Jo Malones French Lime Blossom

Next in line for Citrus Week is Jo Malones French Lime Blossom. Undina pointed out to me that this one isn't really a citrus, but more of a green floral. You are right about that, but as I'm not a details person, anything with any far fetched citrus connection can be a Citrus Week candidate so here comes French Lime Blossom.

It starts with a crisp lime note and gradually fades to floral. I easily pick out roses and liles of the valley. I love the idea of how all Jo Malones fragrances are made to be layered  and I've really tried to like them. Unfortunately we have some sort of skin chemistry issue. I've tried 4 scents from them and it is always the same story. At first spray I'm thinking "wow, this one is lovely, why did I think I didn't like Jo Malone". After an hour or so I think, "hmmm, maybe this one was not so great on me". After 3 hours or so they have matured into full fleged distaster and I'm rushing to the toilet to wash them off. Sadly, French Lime Blossom was no exception. After a few hours it smelled like sharp detergent and I couldn't bare to walk around wearing it.

So I'm rating French Lime Blossom a 2 out of 5. Jo Malones do smell great on other people, so if you tend to like them you should probably just ignore my negative review here, but this one was not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment